Sunday, July 7, 2019

Metal Mike - Next Stop Nowhere: The EP Collection

This is an almost complete discography CD for the solo records of "Metal Mike" Saunders (named as such because he allegedly [very allegedly] was the rock critic that coined the term "heavy metal") of the Angry Samoans. For whatever reason, about half of the songs on here are covers. Red Cross, Nervebreakers, The Sweet, Subhumans (Canada), and so on. They're all pleasant enough, but kinda useless if you've already heard the originals. The real reasons to seek this one out are the surprisingly great originals written by Mike himself, which have a really likable power-pop sound with great melodies. It's sort of odd to hear Mr. "grab the fork and make the first attack" sing these completely non-sarcastic love songs with such a straight faced and mellow vocal delivery, but hey, it works, and to be honest I actually prefer these songs to most of the Samoans' discography after Back From Samoa.


  • 1.My Girlfriend Is a Rock 1:54
  • 2.Love Don't Last Forever 1:43
  • 3.I'd Love You to Want Me 1:46
  • 4.Next Stop Nowhere 2:47
  • 5.Bad Things Inside of Me 1:49
  • 6.Slave to My Dick 2:45
  • 7.Deck the Halls 1:20
  • 8.South of Modesto 2:05
  • 9.Once Together Then 2:18
  • 10.This Man He Weeps Tonight 2:17
  • 11.Night of the Long Knives 1:43
  • 12.Ain't Gonna Be Your Friend 2:13
  • 13.Wig Wam Bam 2:25
  • 14 I'm in My Room 2:22
  • 15.Love's Memories 1:59
  • 16.S&M Party 1:51
  • 17.I Don't Like This World Anymore 2:39
  • 18.Let's Burn the Flag 1:50
  • 19.I'm a Lonesome Fugitive 2:45
  • 20.The Next Big Thing 2:35
  • 21.High on Drugs 1:54
  • 22.I Saw Your Face 2:38 
     

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this, and thanks for the writing the description which piqued my interest in the first place.
    Such a fun record!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, I can’t take credit for the write up. Found it online and I 150% agree with it. How ever I did do the rip from the actual cd. 💪

      Delete