Sunday, August 9, 2020

Amanda Jones - Amanda Jones

Amanda Jones was a short lived Punk/Power Pop band fronted by Amanda Brix, And legendary Punk Jeff Drake of the Joneses. I searched around a bit and didnt find much about them online. But I did find an interview with Mr. Drake. And speaks a little about the band. This is what he had to say.

"JEFF DRAKE: I thought Amanda Jones was a really good band. I'm surprised that people who like the Joneses don't like that band so much. So much of it is really similar, in my mind. The reason the band broke up is because I got strung out on heroin again, and had to go into this rehab that the Musician's Union sent me to in Palm Springs. As soon as I got outta there, I got strung out again, and I wasn't really able to keep it together."

The full interview can be found here: http://www.sugarbuzzmagazine.com/bands/jeffdrake/jeffdrake.html

Amanda Jones - Amanda Jones

01. First Time
02. The Back & Forth
03. Kathy's Kiss
04. Put You On Hold
 05. Private Enemy No. 1

Ripped from the CD in Wav format.
HERE

2 comments: